Search This Blog

7/2/11

My Trainer

Canine Counsel- When Tucay came he sat with us for at least 45min, in that time he assessed all my dogs, not just the American Bullys. He sat with Max, petting him, stroking him, I think he took a liking to him...it's hard not to, he's the perfect blue nose pit. 
He gave us history, we discussed dog psychology, his philosophy and how we would begin training. I really admired him and I couldn't wait to get started!
We made a plan and scheduled our next appointments.
The next day I started with the first steps of his direction and we were somewhat successful! Then one day coming in from a walk my little chihuahua Schnook darted out from behind the couch and the female grabbed her, I was too late. By the time I got her to the Animal Hospital she was gone. Shock and a punctured lung.
Then a few days later when we had one really awful fight, it was more like a brawl...in trying to  break it up, I almost lost the tip of my finger and my husband got a fractured wrist, lost 2 weeks of work, the male almost lost an eye.
That was the last straw, as a family we decided we could no longer put our family at risk. I tried to get in touch with Fur Angels but I had no luck. I practically begged Bulldog Rescue to help me, they only place Olde English Bulldogs.
I was at my wits end. My last resort was to reach out to a friend out East with much more room than I have to hold onto the dogs until I could come up with a solution. My house was much too small, they were constantly in view of each other it was way too stressful. At least, I thought at Bill's place they'd have access to a dog run where they could get exercise and peace.
However! nothing in life is easy...transporting the dogs they see a stray,and begin fighting,get lose and chase the stray dog,and get lost.
They wind up in East Hampton Shelter....

No comments: