Search This Blog

3/28/11

Change in Plans-Good News/Bad News?

Sunday came and boy what a busy and eventful day it was! I was praying all the dogs got adopted and mine got to Comfort Kennels without a hitch. Well...I should know by now, nothing ever goes as planned! 
Marilyn, who is such a doll I can't even find words, called to tell me Cannon was gone, but did I want his brother, I said yes of course, but his brother was also gone...sad for me, but GREAT for them!!

I had been looking at the dogs still left and I kept being drawn to a dog named Nemesis, why on Earth would you name Man's best friend Nemesis? *sigh* Anyway, thankfully someone who MET the dog, renamed him Wiggles :O)
who happened to be heartworm positive. Surely a death sentence at this stage of the game.
I mentioned to Marilyn I wanted to take Wiggles, we discussed the  heartworm and how sick he was, I had to give this underdog a chance.  Heartworm is completely treatable, caused by a mosquito bite! Also completely preventable with  monthly maintenance.       So..... he's mine!

I adopted HIM!!


 Now Diamond and Wiggles are officially MY dogs!!  I just have to get them HERE...Please don't forget about the Chip-in, so many have been very generous already,but every little bit helps, these dogs need to see the vet, which means being driven, then the cost of transport. Every little bit saved is more I have to spend on vet care, training, and SPOILING!!! 

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! And it wouldn't have been possible without the help, patience, tenacity, and dedication of some lovely women I have been blessed to have on my side! More on that later ;o)

No comments: